Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Home Decor & more

Home décor is one of my favorite sewing genres. Some time ago, my hair stylist and good friend Stephanie Migues asked me to create some window treatments for her.
My challenge, to meet Steph's eccentrically bold style with fabric! It was a challenge that I thoroughly enjoyed. Look at this beautiful bold home decor fabric that I found at Hobby Lobby.Over her kitchen sink, I created a window valance with cute wooden bead trim.For her sliding glass doors, we used the same fabric in reverse to wrap a padded wooden cornice board. This dramatically dressed up and softened an often awkward but necessary space in many homes.Near the same area, we again used the right side of this beautiful woven fabric to create a flat roman shade to provide privacy without comprising beauty or functionality.
From Sew Keeli Chic

From Sew Keeli Chic




From Sew Keeli Chic


From Sew Keeli Chic


Photography by Steph's lovely and talented husband David of ATX Photography.

No comments: